1 / 1
288 people made this
These are the most elemental meringue only combining egg whites and sugar yet they make a great sweet treat or garnish to a larger dessert.
4 egg whites
2 1/4 cups (350g) icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 95 degrees C. Butter and flour a baking tray.
- In a glass or metal bowl whisk egg whites until foamy using an electric mixer. Sprinkle in sugar a little at a time while continuing to whisk at medium speed.
- Place the meringues in the oven and place a wooden spoon handle in the door to keep it from closing all the way.
- When the mixture becomes stiff and shiny like satin stop mixing and transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag. Pipe the meringue out onto the prepared baking tray using a large round tip or star tip.
- Bake for 3 hours or until the meringues are dry and can easily be removed from the tray. Allow biscuits to cool completely before storing in an airtight container at room temperature.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate