Penne with Cannellini Beans and Feta
- 250g penne pasta
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 (400g) tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 350g fresh spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes or until 'al dente'. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and beans in a large frying pan. Bring to the boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach to the sauce, stir and cook further 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Serve sauce over pasta and sprinkle with feta.
Something else. I thought this was a great simple meal - easy to make and so good! I sauteed some garlic and onion first, added the tomatoes along with 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp sugar, and some italian herbs and let simmer for about a half hour, then adding the beans, fresh basil and spinach. Absolutely delicious!! Will be making on a regular basis... mmmm... - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. We loved this dish. I will make this over and over again. Super fast, easy and cheap! I made some changes. Sautéed a little onion and 3 cloves of garlic in olive oil, then added a little sherry and let it cook down. Added sliced black olives and had to use frozen spinach which I drained well and only used ½ of the bag. That worked fine. All I had was fettuccine so I tossed it with the tomato mixture and had to add a little chicken stock because it was a little dry. Excellent! - 21 Jul 2008
Something else. It's excellent but I made LOTS of changes based on other reviews. I chopped tomatoes from 2 tins of whole tomatoes. I sauteed three diced garlic cloves in 2 Tbsp olive oil and began the sauce with that. I addded 1 tsp basil and 1 tsp oregano to the sauce. I doubled the amount of pasta to serve all five people in my family. I crumbled 200g of feta cheese and tossed it with the entire pasta/sauce mixture instead of just putting it on top. I think it's great now. - 21 Jul 2008