1 / 1 Picture by: Nashville Nosher
Chicken Drumstick and Apricot Curry
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, or to taste
- 4 cups (1 litre) apricot nectar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 1 large onion, roughly diced
- 1 large green capsicum, roughly diced
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh green chilli, finly diced
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
Preparation:30min › Cook:40min › Ready in:1hour10min
- Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C. Season the chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-safe frypan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and chilli flakes. Cook and stir until garlic is softened and is fragrant; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the drumsticks in the frypan and brown the chicken on all sides; about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the frypan to the oven.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in the preheated oven until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear; 7 to 10 minutes.
- Bring the apricot nectar to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high eat then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Mix cornflour and water together in a small bowl then stir into the mixture along with the curry powder into the apricot nectar. Add dried apricots. Transfer the baked drumsticks into the apricot mixture.
- Heat the frypan used to cook the chicken over medium heat. Stir in the onion, capsicum, carrots and chilli then cook and stir until the onion has softened.
- Pour the drumsticks and apricot sauce into the frypan. Cover and simmer until the vegetables are tender; about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in water chestnuts just before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!