Serves : 4
- 3 tomatoes
- 500g linguine pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- handful pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Plunge whole tomatoes into water briefly, until skin starts to peel. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in cold water.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to packet instructions; drain and set aside. While pasta is cooking peel blanched tomatoes and dice.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Stir in garlic and mushrooms and fry until mushrooms begin to give up their juices. Stir in tomatoes and oregano and cook until tomatoes are tender. Toss pasta with tomato sauce, feta and olives. Serve immediately.
This is also delicious with penne.
Found this recipe in the dinner spinner on my iPod. Quick and easy and flavourful. My husband was a big fan of this meal. - 29 Apr 2010
We enjoyed this dish very much. Very easy for a mid week healthy meal. - 06 Apr 2009
Used different ingredients. I made this for dinner tonight, as a side with steak, and we found it very tasty. It might have been even better if I had remembered to add the oregano, but truthfully I didn't miss it. I only realised that it was missing when I came to do this review. I used Portabello mushrooms and since I was out of olive oil I used a bit of saflower oil and a bit of butter for the sauce. Thank you Mary for a lovely dish. Next time I will make sure I have all the right ingredients on hand and that I add them all. LOL.. - 29 Sep 2008