Chicken and Artichoke Pasta, Greek Style
- 1 (500g) packet pasta - any small shape works well
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets - diced
- 1 tin (400g) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lemons cut into wedges for garnish
Preparation:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, stir and fry for 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add the artichoke hearts, tomato, feta cheese, parsley, lemon juice, oregano and cooked pasta. Toss together until heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and garnish with lemon wedges.
Altered ingredient amounts. DELICIOUS! WOW, what a great tasting pasta dish. I added just a touch of butter with the olive oil to cook the onions (adds some great flavour), seasoned the chicken breasts with salt and pepper before cooking, used half of the oregano suggested (not a huge fan) and used wholewheat penne pasta. I used light feta cheese which melted right away and created this beautiful, light, creamy sauce. Everyone that tried it absolutely LOVED it. I'm so thrilled that I found this recipe. I will be using this for many years to come. DEVINE recipe Lalena... thank you so much for posting! - 21 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. My husband and I thought this was delicious. As is my habit, I increased the amount of seasonings, the artichokes, the tomatoes, the feta, the olives, the garlic, added fresh basil. Made a great meal with salad, kalamata olive/garlic bread and wine - 21 Jul 2008
Used different ingredients. I prepared this with linguine and it tasted great. I also made sure to add chopped kalamata olives which added plenty of flavour. Lastly, the only artichokes I had on hand were the ones packed in oil and they worked great as well. It probably added a few calories, however I was able to cut a few out by using light feta cheese. So it probably evened itself out in the end. This recipe was ideal for a weeknight dinner because it was fast and delicious without a lot of cleanup. - 21 Jul 2008