Classic Lobster Bisque
1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
42 people made this
After eating this in a restaurant I had to make it myself. This is a great recipe that that creates a wonderful flavoured bisque without significant effort.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, diced
1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
1/2 cup (125ml) cooking sherry
5 tablespoons plain flour
185g tomato paste
1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock
5 cups (1 1/4 litres) milk
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 pinch ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 spring onion, finely sliced
1 1/2 cups cooked lobster claw meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the diced onion and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the white wine and sherry. Cook and stir until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Sprinkle in the flour while stirring to ensure there are no lumps. Once a thick paste has formed, stir in the tomato paste then pour in the chicken stock and milk.
- Season with cayenne pepper, black pepper, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and spring onion.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the bisque begins to simmer; about 15 minutes.
- Stir in the lobster meat and reheat before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate