Lemon and Garlic Pork Fillets
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup (190ml) olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 kg pork fillets
Preparation:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:5hours marinating › Ready in:5hours35min
- Place lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and oregano in a large resealable plastic bag. Shake sealed bag until ingredients are well mixed. Taste the marinade for tartness. If too tart, add a little more oil. Not enough zing, add more lemon juice.
- Place pork fillets in the bag, seal and turn to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 5 hours.
- Preheat barbecue for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the cooking grill hotplate. Discard marinade. Barbecue pork fillets for 15-20 minutes, turning once or to desired doneness.
Altered ingredient amounts. This is one of the tastiest ways to prepare pork fillet I have ever tried. I accidentally forgot to add the oregano, and it was STILL just great. Next time, of course, I will try to remember the oregano! I halved all the marinade ingredients and had plenty for 2 fillets. I minced about 1/3 of the garlic for the marinade & made slits in the fillet & inserted the garlic slices. We cooked it on our gas barbecue over indirect heat for exactly 25 minutes, and it was superb! Thanks, Dave, for this great recipe. - 08 Oct 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Good recipe with a few modifications. Makes way too much marinade - cut it in half and there is still more than enough for two whole fillets. I reduced the amount of oregano. Also added fresh ground pepper to the marinade. Roasted uncovered in a 180 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Use an oven thermometer to get it perfect. If it's overcooked it dries right out. - 08 Oct 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. I was never too sure about this recipe until I tasted it....Outstanding! I cut the marinade in half as previous reviewers sugessted. - 08 Oct 2008