1 / 1 Picture by: ToughCookie
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon almond essence
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation:10min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour10min
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks then add cream of tartar, vanilla essence and almond essence.
- Sift together flour, sugar and salt. Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients then pour into an ungreased 25cm tube pan.
- Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on and set it to 165 degrees C.
- Cook for about one hour or until cake is golden brown.
- Invert cake and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled remove from pan.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!