1 / 1 Picture by: Alison
Ancient Roman Cheesecake
- 15 bay leaves
- 3 eggs
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125ml) honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
Preparation:10min › Cook:35min › Ready in:45min
- Preheat an oven to 220 degrees C. Pour some water into a small oven proof bowl and place into the oven. Arrange the bay leaves over the bottom of a springform pan to cover.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl then mix in ricotta cheese, honey, orange zest and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until evenly combined. Gently pour the batter over the bay leaves, being careful not to disturb them too much.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned; about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Run the tip of a knife around the edges of the pan and release from the springform pan. Invert onto a serving plate and serve warm or chilled.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!