1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
45 people made this
With a delightful vanilla cheesecake base chocolate cheese cake is swirled through before baking. It is a great effect for minimal additional work.
1 1/2 cups crushed sweet biscuits
6 tablespoons butter, softened
60g dark cooking chocolate, diced
500g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup (125g) white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Extra time:3hours chilling ›
- Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Mix well then press into the bottom of a 20cm springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl beat the softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Blend in the eggs one at a time. Remove 1 cup of cream cheese mixture and combine with melted chocolate.
- Spread plain batter into the crust. Drop the chocolate mixture randomly over the top. With the tip of a knife swirl the batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until centre is set.
- Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate