1 / 1
44 people made this
This is a great pasta sauce. It gets its Greek reference from the use of kalamata olives, capers, balsamic vinegar and feta.
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (400g) tin Italian diced tomatoes
200ml pasta sauce
1 tablespoon capers, diced
15 kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes, to taste
1/2 cup crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese
- In a frypan cook onion in olive oil over medium high heat until tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, pasta sauce, capers, olives, vinegar, salt, pepper and chilli flakes (if using).
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, time permitting.
- Serve over pasta, fish or chicken and top with crumbled feta or grated Parmesan cheese.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate