1 / 1 Picture by:
- 3 cups (375g) plain flour
- 2 cups (450g) white sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup (75ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups (500ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (90g) icing sugar
Preparation:20min › Cook:45min › Ready in:1hour5min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and flour two 20cm cake tins.
- In large bowl with mixer at low speed beat together flour, sugar, mayonnaise, milk, eggs, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves scraping bowl frequently for 2 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- Stir in the diced apples, raisins and walnuts.
- Spread batter into prepared cake tin. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in tins on wire racks for 10 minutes then remove and cool the cakes on wire racks.
- In a large bowl whisk the cream and icing sugar until stiff peaks form. Fill and frost the cake.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!