1 / 1
63 people made this
Fresh almonds are combined with marzipan (almond paste) in this easy slice. Ideal for lunch boxes and picnics.
3/4 cup (185g) white sugar
1/2 cup almond paste or marzipan
1 teaspoon almond essence
2 cups (250g) plain flour
85g sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cream butter in a large mixing bowl then gradually add sugar beating until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolk (reserve egg white), almond paste and flavouring; beat until well blended. Stir in flour.
- Spread mixture in a baking tray.
- Whisk egg white (at room temperature) until foamy; brush over entire surface of dough and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool thoroughly and cut into 5cm squares. Store in airtight containers.
Excellent recipe and extremely easy, I followed the recipe precisely and it was a total hit!
- 15 Aug 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate