Tortellini and Egg Salad
1 / 4
2 / 4
3 / 4
4 / 4
247 people made this
This is a substantial tortellini salad that can easily be eaten as a dinner or lunch. I love the egg, feta and dressing which all go towards making this such a nice dish.
500g cheese tortellini
1/2 cup (125ml) extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons diced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
500g baby spinach leaves
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup sliced red onion
Extra time:2hours chilling ›
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, parsley, oregano and salt.
- Place eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and allow eggs to sit in the hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, cool, peel and quarter.
- Gently mix the spinach, feta cheese and onion into the bowl with the pasta.
- Place the cooked tortellini in the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Arrange the quartered eggs around the salad to serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate