Spinach and Turkey Rissoles
Serves : 4
- 690g minced turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespooms soft goat's cheese, crumbled
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat the oven grill.
- In a medium bowl, mix together minced turkey, spinach and goats cheese. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Arrange patties in a baking dish or on a tray then place under grill. Grill for 15 minutes or until browned on both sides.
Used different ingredients. OMG! We do love these burgers! Made first exactly as directed (ok, a little extra cheese topped with carmelized onions and a little mayo/dijon spread. Then made again with feta & chopped black olives, thin sliced red onion to top and a homemade cucumber/yoghurt sauce. We can't get enough of these! The most consistant response "this doesn't taste like turkey"! Last night made with goat cheese and chopped sundried tomatoes (not the ones in oil), yum! I will never again attempt a to make a turkey burger taste like ground beef! Great recipe, thanks! - 29 Sep 2008
Used different ingredients. These are really great turkey burgers! Very flavourful and moist. I doubled the recipe and used suggestions made by the other reviewers, such as using sauteed fresh spinach. For the 1 1/2 kg of turkey I used 1C. of breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, and about 100g. of goat cheese. Half of the burgers went into the freezer for another meal and the others I broiled in the oven. My hubby and 2 teenage sons loved these so much that we had the ones from the freezer 2 nights later! - 29 Sep 2008
despite being overcooked on grill these still tasted moist & delicious w/ side dollop of dijon mustard - 08 Mar 2010