Sauerkraut Pork Chops
Serves : 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 thick cut pork loin chops
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 500g sauerkraut
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preparation:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Brown chops on both sides and remove from frypan.
- Add the garlic, onion, sauerkraut, caraway seed, apple juice, salt and pepper to the hot frying pan. Stir and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lay browned pork chops on top of sauerkraut mixture, cover, reduce heat to low then cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
I loved this recipe. This is the BEST way to have sauerkraut!!!! I browned the meat first then baked for 40 minutes at 180. A great meal. - 08 Oct 2008