1 / 1 Picture by: Kathrin75
Easy Three-Layer Chocolate Cake
Makes: 1 cake
- 1 thick unfilled sponge cake
- 2 cups (500ml) thickened cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
Preparation:30min › Extra time:8hours chilling › Ready in:8hours30min
- Heat cream with chocolate and coffee and stir until chocolate has dissolved. Mix well and allow to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut sponge cake horizontally into three layers.
- Whip chocolate cream until stiff peaks form. Spread 1/4 of cream onto the first layer. Place second cake onto the cream and also cover with 1/4 of the cream. Now add the top and use the remaining cream to cover the top and the sides.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!