1 / 1 Picture by: Rita
Cranberry Oat Biscuits
- 250g butter, at room temperature
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups (220g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 1/2 cups (200g) porridge oats
- 100g dried cranberries
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla sugar, vanilla extract and eggs together until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, bicarb soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Fold into the creamed butter mixture.
- Fold in oats and cranberries. The dough should be fairly firm.
- Roll heaped teaspoons of the dough into balls. Place onto an ungreased baking tray, with enough room for them to spread.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden. Try not to overbake, otherwise they will be very hard.
- Let stand for 2 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Store in airtight biscuit tins.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!