1 / 1 Picture by: Naschkatze
Spicy Wine Cookies
Makes : 60 biscuits approximately
- 2 1/4 cups (280g) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/3 cups (220g) dark brown soft sugar
- 1 cup (125g) blanched almonds, chopped
- 115g cold butter, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons port wine
Preparation:15min › Cook:12min › Ready in:27min
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix flour, bicarb soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, dark brown soft sugar and almonds in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, eggs and wine. Work everything into a smooth mixture.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Use a teaspoon or a piping bag to make 3cm blobs on the baking tray.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Store in tins.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!