Quark is a soft German cheese. You should be able to find it in delis and wholefoods supermarkets, but you can also substitute cream cheese.
8 people made this
100g margarine or butter
75g caster sugar
2 cups (250g) plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 pinch salt
500g quark cheese (or cream cheese)
150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) oil
45g vanilla pudding mix
2 cups (500ml) milk
- Base: Work all base ingredients into a smooth dough. Wrap and place in freezer.
- Filling: Mix together quark or cream cheese, caster sugar, vanilla sugar, egg, oil, vanilla pudding mix and cornflour. Then whisk in the milk. The mixture will be quite thin.
- Roll out dough and line a greased round springform tin with it. Prick dough with a fork several times.
- Pour cheese filling into the dough case. Bake at 200 C for about 60 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven for 5 minutes (the cake will sink a little), then return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 22.214.171.124