1 / 2
2 / 2
1 person made this
These are a simple biscuit recipe with your choice of chopped nut added. I generally use this to clean out my cupboard of left over nut packets from other recipes.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3 cup (155g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 drops bitter almond oil (or almond essence to taste)
4 tablespoons milk
200g coarsely chopped nuts
evaporated milk, for brushing
Extra time:1hour chilling ›
- Work the plain flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, almond oil, milk, butter and nuts into a smooth dough.
- Shape into two rolls, wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Cut rolls into slices and brush with evaporated milk.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate