1 / 1
3 people made this
Amaretti are an Italian almond macaron that is made from almond meal, sugar and eggs. They have the advantage of being gluten free.
400g blanched almonds, finely ground
1 1/2 cups (300g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 egg whites
1 pinch salt, to taste
few drops bitter almond oil or almond essence
Extra time:4hours resting ›
- Line 1 or 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together almonds, caster sugar and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl whisk egg whites with salt until stiff. Add bitter almond oil. Fold into almond-sugar mixture until well incorporated
- Pipe small mounds of the mixture onto prepared baking tray. (Use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a small corner cut off).
- Leave to dry for 4 to 6 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate