Amaretti are an Italian almond macaron that is made from almond meal, sugar and eggs. They have the advantage of being gluten free.
6 people made this
400g blanched almonds, finely ground
1 1/2 cups (300g) caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 egg whites
1 pinch salt, to taste
few drops bitter almond oil or almond essence
Extra time:4hours resting ›
- Line 1 or 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together almonds, caster sugar and vanilla essence.
- In another bowl whisk egg whites with salt until stiff. Add bitter almond oil. Fold into almond-sugar mixture until well incorporated
- Pipe small mounds of the mixture onto prepared baking tray. (Use a piping bag or a plastic bag with a small corner cut off).
- Leave to dry for 4 to 6 hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 188.8.131.52