Fried Chicken with Rhubarb
Chicken is fried then served with gently stewed rhubarb and a rhubarb sauce that includes cassis and brown sugar.
2 people made this
12 sticks rhubarb
2 skinless chicken breast fillets
salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
1 dash cassis or other blackcurrant liqueur
- Clean rhubarb and cut into 10cm lengths.
- Rub chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a frypan then brown meat on both sides. Reduce temperature and keep cooking until meat is no longer pink. Remove from frypan and keep warm.
- Increase temperature to medium and add sugar to the frypan. Caramelise sugar while stirring constantly.
- Stir in butter and cassis until melted then add rhubarb. Cook in the sauce until it is soft but doesn't fall apart. Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer the rhubarb onto chicken and drizzle with the sauce.
Reviews and Ratings
User's IP: 18.104.22.168