1 / 1
6 people made this
Cantuccini is a smaller version of Almond Biscotti. They make a great post dinner treat served with coffee or a dessert wine.
2 cups (250g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup (185g) caster sugar
1 pinch salt, to taste
25g butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
175g almonds, coarsely cut
Extra time:30min cooling ›
- Mix the flour with baking powder then add sugar and salt. Form into a mound with a hollow in the middle.
- Pour the butter, vanilla essence and eggs into it then knead to a dough. Knead in the chopped almonds.
- Form the dough to a ball, adding more flour if necessary. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Cut dough into 6 pieces and shape each into a 25cm log. Arrange logs on a baking tray leaving enough space for them to spread whilst cooking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow them to cool a little then cut into 1cm slices. Lay on a baking tray and bake for another 8-10 minutes at 200 degrees C until golden-brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate