Pureed Baked Pumpkin
1 / 1
6 people made this
When recipes like pumpkin pie or pumpkin scones require pumpkin puree this is a great option; the pumpkin is baked rather than boiled so you retain flavour and don't add any more moisture.
Makes: 1 pureed pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Line the base and sides of a roasting tin or deep baking tin with foil.
- Cut pumpkin in half or quarters (depending on size) and place onto the foil cut side down. Pour in a little water and bake until tender; about 1 hour.
- Allow to cool then scrape out the seeds. Remove the skin and pass pumpkin through a sieve.
- Store pureed pumpkin in the refrigerator or freeze in freezer bags.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate