1 / 1 Picture by: BärbelS
Chocolate Flecked Meringues
Makes : 30 depending on size
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 20g grated dark chocolate or 2 teaspoons instant espresso
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Extra time:2hours marinating › Ready in:3hours15min
- Preheat oven to 110 degrees C. Line two baking trays with foil.
- Whisk egg whites until fluffy. Add salt and cream of tartar; continue to whisk. Gradually add the sugar and whisk for 6-7 minutes or until stiff, smooth and glossy. Whisk in vanilla essence and grated chocolate (or instant espresso).
- Transfer mixture into a piping bag. Pipe neat mounds onto baking trays leaving room for them to spread a little. Bake for 1 hour or until the meringues are dry but not brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool briefly. Carefully transfer meringues from the foil to a wire rack. Let cool fully.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!