- 1 TBS butter
- 1 TBS vegetable oil
- 1 cup celery hearts, diced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 1 small yellow capsicum, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 cobs of corn, removed from cobs
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fish stock (check your local fish monger)
- 2 - 236 ml bottles of clam juice
- 2 TBS fresh chopped thyme
- 3 TBS fresh chopped dill
- 1 Tspn fresh chopped tarragon
- to taste sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 TBS fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- 1 pound fresh wild Coho Salmon, skin and bones removed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1 cup thickened cream
Preparation:20min › Cook:35min › Ready in:55min
- Saute onions, celery, peppers and carrots in butter and vegetable oil until translucent, do not brown.
- Add fish stock clam juice and potatoes, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add corn and simmer for about 10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add salmon, cream and fresh herbs and simmer on low for about 5-7 minutes, stirring until salmon is light and flaky, careful not to overcook salmon.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley or fresh dill and serve with crusty rolls.
You will be able to buy clam juice on line or in some specialty delis.
This recipe was edited by Allrecipes.com.au staff to include measures and ingredients more familiar to Australian and New Zealand home cooks.