1 / 1
8 people made this
This is a very easy to make version of the Italian Tiramisu that uses Amaretto as the alcohol whilst mascarpone cheese provides the rich creaminess.
2 eggs, separated
70g caster sugar
3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
200g mascarpone cheese
150g savoiardi sponge fingers (lady fingers)
100ml coffee, cooled
cocoa powder, to decorate
Extra time:4hours chilling ›
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff.
- In another bowl beat together the egg yolks, sugar and amaretto until frothy. Stir in the mascarpone then fold in egg whites.
- Soak sponge fingers in coffee and then transfer to a serving bowl (or 4 small dishes). Pour 1/2 mascarpone mixture over the fingers.
- Add another layer of soaked sponge fingers on top, followed by the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate