1 / 1 Picture by: Gilles
- 2 eggs, separated
- 70g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 150g savoiardi sponge fingers (lady fingers)
- 100ml coffee, cooled
- cocoa powder, to decorate
Preparation:25min › Extra time:4hours chilling › Ready in:4hours25min
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until stiff.
- In another bowl beat together the egg yolks, sugar and amaretto until frothy. Stir in the mascarpone then fold in egg whites.
- Soak sponge fingers in coffee and then transfer to a serving bowl (or 4 small dishes). Pour 1/2 mascarpone mixture over the fingers.
- Add another layer of soaked sponge fingers on top, followed by the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Dust with cocoa powder before serving.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!