1 / 1 Picture by: tonytsang
Teriyaki Braised Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon black soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1-2 tablespoons cornflour, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 8 chicken wings, cut into three pieces at the joints
- teriyaki sauce, as needed
Preparation:10min › Cook:15min › Extra time:20min marinating › Ready in:45min
- In a large shallow dish mix together the oyster sauce, black soy sauce, sugar, oil and cornflour slurry to make the seasoning. Add the chicken then stir to coat and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a large non-stick frypan over high heat cook the chicken until evenly browned; 3-4 minutes.
- Add just enough hot water to cover 2/3 of the chicken. Bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off then add just enough teriyaki sauce to season the dish well. Serve.
Black soy sauce can be found in Asian speciality shops.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!