Garlic Herb Barbecued Pork Loin
- 1 whole pork fillet
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- small handful chopped fresh thyme
- small handful chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour15min
- Cut a horizontal slit lengthwise halfway into the pork fillet, but don't cut all the way through. Rub tenderloin with olive oil.
- Insert garlic into the slit. Press thyme and rosemary into slit. Sprinkle fillet with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the BBQ for medium-high heat.
- Lightly oil the cooking grate. Place pork on barbecue. Cook approximately 1 hour, turning every 15 minutes, till done (or till to a minimum internal temperature of 72 C).
Something else. Really great recipe! I was trying to find a way to add garlic to the pork and i never thought to cut it horizontally! But yes, dont cook for and hour... it took me about a half an hour on medium heat - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. This was a great recipe; very quick and easy as well to prepare. I roasted my fillets in the oven instead of barbecuing. Also upped the rosemary and thyme a bit (also used dried instead of fresh). I am making this again next week for a merlot wine tasting party we are hosting. - 29 Sep 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. This was amazing!! I did cut back the olive oil a little, I used dried thyme because that's all I had at the time. I did use fresh rosemary (I grow it in my garden), I used double the garlic and I added 4 tbsp of white wine to the mix. I let it marinate a couple of hours before barbecuing over coals and wood. My God, really good!!!!. - 29 Sep 2008