1 / 1 Picture by:
Stir Fried Chicken in a Miso Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Shaoxing wine
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, crushed and thinly sliced
- 800g skin on chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 spring onions, cut into 3cm lengths
Preparation:20min › Cook:30min › Ready in:50min
- Make the sauce by mixing together the chicken stock, miso paste, sugar, soy sauce and Shaoxing wine in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok until hot over high heat. Stir fry the ginger and chicken until the meat changes colour.
- Add the sauce and stir. Cover the wok and turn the heat to medium. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the liquid is reduced to half the volume toss in the spring onions and serve with steamed rice.
Miso paste (fermented bean paste) and Shaoxing wine can be purchased in Asian speciality shops or online.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!