Stir Fried Tofu and Celery
1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
Vegetarian made easy this quick stir fry combines Chinese celery and flavoured tofu in a light chilli sauce. Serve with rice.
150g Chinese celery, roots and leaves discarded, cut into 3cm lengths
2 tablespoons oil
crushed chillies, to taste
2 spring onions, finely diced
250g flavoured dried tofu, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine
salt, to taste
- Blanch the celery in boiling water for 1 minute and drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the crushed chillies and spring onions then stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with Shaoxing wine and salt then serve.
Flavoured dried tofu, Shaoxing wine and Chinese celery can be purchased in Asian speciality shops.
If Shaoxing wine is unavailable use dry sherry.
If Chinese celery is unavailable use ordinary celery.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate