Stir Fried Tofu and Celery
- 150g Chinese celery, roots and leaves discarded, cut into 3cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons oil
- crushed chillies, to taste
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- 250g flavoured dried tofu, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing wine
- salt, to taste
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Blanch the celery in boiling water for 1 minute and drain.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add the crushed chillies and spring onions then stir fry for about 30 seconds.
- Add the celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Season with Shaoxing wine and salt then serve.
Flavoured dried tofu, Shaoxing wine and Chinese celery can be purchased in Asian speciality shops.
If Shaoxing wine is unavailable use dry sherry.
If Chinese celery is unavailable use ordinary celery.