1 / 1 Picture by:
Apple raspberry upside down French toast
Serves : 6
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups (375ml) milk
- ¼ cup (60g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 8 slices (1cm thick) of bread or sweet bread, (e.g. brioche, fruit or panettone) crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons (40g) butter, melted
- ¾ cup (125g) brown sugar
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or 1 punnet of fresh
Preparation:15min › Cook:35min › Ready in:50min
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Arrange bread on large rimmed baking tray and pour egg mixture over top. Turn bread over and let soak until liquid is absorbed, 10 minutes. (You can make ahead, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for up to 12 hours.)
- Spread butter in large ovenproof 3 litre baking dish and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Arrange apples in slightly overlapping rows on top and sprinkle with raspberries. Arrange bread over top.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut between bread slices to separate. Using large lifter, invert along with apples and raspberries onto each plate.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!