1 / 1
10 people made this
This is a fancy but tasty meal ideal for that next special dinner or even Christmas. Quail is seared then simmered in a rich sauce containing potato, prunes, sultanas and sherry.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
6 whole quails
salt and pepper, to taste
12 shallots or pickling onions
4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
18 prunes, stones removed
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Insert a wedge of lemon into each quail, season with salt and pepper then pan sear until brown on all sides.
- When brown add the shallots and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and water then cook over low heat for 20 minutes. The potatoes should still be firm.
- Add the prunes, sultanas and sherry; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add more water to the saucepan if needed to get a thin coloured sauce.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate