Strawberry Baked Cheesecake
- 10 digestive biscuits
- 60g butter
- 600g Philidelphia or similar cream cheese
- 2 eggs plus an extra egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 140g sour cream
- 175g caster sugar
- 300g strawberries (quartered)
Preparation:15min › Cook:40min › Extra time:30min cooling › Ready in:1hour25min
- Blitz the digestives in a processor (or the old fashioned way if you like). Melt the butter and combine and press down into the base of a 20cm springform cake tin. Bake for 5 mins at 180 degrees C. Remove and chill in the fridge.
- Combine the eggs, flour, sour cream, cream cheese and sugar in a big bowl. Stir in the strawberries (leave one for decoration) and pour into the cake tin on your layer of biscuit.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes. Remove and leave to cool before removing from the tin. Sprinkle with a sliced strawberry and dust lightly with icing sugar. Enjoy.
Just a HUGE thank you! I had this recipe years ago and lost it and have been trying to find it ever since (25yrs) I love it! I left out the sugar and put about 300gms of strawberry jam in mixture. It really enhanced the flavour! - 31 Jul 2011
Very nice. Easy to make and tastes good too. I made a 'healthier' variety with half the cheese mix and it work well(mostly because I couldn't find my springform cake tin). - 24 Jul 2011
This is the best cheesecake recipe ever and it's so simple. I replaced the strawberries for a tin of cherries and it was very luxurious, impressed my friends with it. - 17 Mar 2011