- 3 limes, juiced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- handful chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise seed (optional)
Preparation:5min › Extra time:12hours marinating › Ready in:12hours5min
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk until well blended.
- Pour mixture over your favourite meat, cover, and marinate for 12 to 24 hours before cooking as desired.
Altered ingredient amounts. I have been looking for a good fajita marinade for years. My search has stopped here. I only used 1 1/2 limes, my family is not a big fan of the flavour. They were excellent :-) - 08 Oct 2008
Used different ingredients. Okay, don't ask me why, but -- I added a dash (a DASH) of cinnamon for complexity, and one tablespoon of red wine vinegar to bring it all "up and together." Wow. Thanks! - 08 Oct 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. This is a wonderful marinade. I tried several others before I settled on this one. My family loves my chicken and beef marinated in this. I have not used any of the Anise seed. The recipe is good as is. - 08 Oct 2008