Be the first to make this!
This is a traditional cake used in weddings across South East Asia. It uses a semolina flour but also almond meal and plain flour.
1/2 cup (60g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
15 egg yolks
2 cups (250g) caster sugar
350g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon almond essence
1 1/2 cups (250g) semolina flour
1 1/4 (125g) almond meal
1 tablespoon brandy
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper and grease with butter.
- Sift the plain flour and the baking powder together.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat the egg yolks with half the sugar until pale and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the remaining sugar, vanilla and almond essences until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is light and pale.
- Fold butter mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder, semolina, almonds and brandy then stir gently until well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate