Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Cake
This is a cake that takes me back to my childhood when this chocolate and vanilla marble cake was very popular.
2 people made this
225g butter, softened
1 cup (225g) caster sugar
1 3/4 cup (225g) self raising flour
80ml (1/3 cup) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 20cm cake tin and line the bottom with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar together then add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour, milk and vanilla then mix until you get a smooth batter.
- Pour out half the batter into another bowl. Stir the cocoa powder into one bowl.
- Spoon the chocolate and white cake batter into the tin alternately until all the batter is finished. Using a knife, swirl through the batter a few times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn out onto a cake rack and leave to cool.
Reviews and Ratings
Reviews in English (0)
User's IP: 18.104.22.168