1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a Malaysian chicken curry that slow cooks the chicken in a rich coconut sauce that has a slight citrus influence from kaffir lime leaves.
2kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
4 cups (1 litre) thick coconut milk
250g grated coconut or desiccated coconut
3 turmeric leaves, sliced finely
3 kaffir lime leaves, sliced finely
1 pinch salt, to taste
30 dried chillies, soaked in hot water and discard seeds
4 cloves garlic
4 stalks lemongrass
2cm turmeric root
1 pinch caster sugar, to taste
- Toast the grated coconut in a dry frypan over low heat. Stir constantly until the coconut becomes golden brown then set aside.
- Blend the spice blend ingredients until fine.
- Put the chicken, spice blend and coconut milk in a saucepan then stir over medium heat bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the gravy thickens.
- Add coconut, turmeric leaves, kaffir lime leaves, salt and sugar to taste.
- Cook until the meat becomes tender and the gravy is thick.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate