Be the first to make this!
This is a simple yellow rice that is coloured by turmeric, it is flavoured with lemongrass, bay leafs and lime leafs.
2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (125ml) warm water
400ml (1 2/3 cups) coconut milk
4 kaffir lime leaves, crumpled
1 plump stalk lemongrass, bruised and tied into a knot
1 Indian bay leaf
3 cups rice, washed
egg omelette, cut into ribbons
1 small cucumber, peeled and cut into circles
- Dissolve the turmeric and salt in1/2 cup warm water and add to the coconut milk.
- In a rice cooker combine the turmeric-coconut milk mixture and the remaining ingredients. Add enough water to reach the 3-cup line in the pan. Stir to mix.
- Turn the rice cooker on and let it cook.
- When the rice is done, remove the lemongrass and bay leaves; discard.
- Scoop onto a serving plate and garnish with omelette ribbons, cucumber slices and shallots.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate