1 / 1
Be the first to make this!
This is a beautiful pork dish that is marinated over night in sugar, whisky, honey and soy before being cooked on the BBQ.
1 1/2 kg pork shoulder, without much fat
2 tablespoons sesame oil
3 tablespoons whisky
2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons light soy sauce
5 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons honey
8 garlic cloves, finely diced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, very finely diced
Extra time:12hours marinating ›
- Cut the pork shoulder into strips about 5cm wide, 4cm high and 15cm long.
- Mix the remaining ingredients well. Marinate the pork strips overnight in the refrigerator.
- When ready for barbecuing pull the pork from the marinade. Let come to room temperature while the coals are heating.
- Boil the left over marinade in a saucepan for 5 or so minutes to kill possible bacteria and thicken the marinate into a sauce.
- Barbecue the pork pieces on the hot plate brushing with the boiled marinated every now and then.
- Serve hot or cold with fresh vegetables and pineapples.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate