Stir Fried Noodles with Chicken
1 / 1
3 people made this
This easy Thai noodle meal with chicken is known as 'Lard Na' it is flavoured with yellow bean paste and kecap manis.
200g boneless chicken, sliced
1/2 cup (125ml) light soy sauce
200g wide noodles, cut into 1cm wide strands
1 cup (250ml) kecap manis
oil, for stir frying
4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
2 tablespoons cornflour
1/2 cup (125ml) water
125ml yellow bean paste
1 bunch Chinese broccoli, diced
4 eggs, optional
1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
pickled chillies, sugar, chilli flakes, fish sauce, to taste
- Mix the chicken slices with the light soy sauce and set aside.
- Mix the noodles with the kecap manis. In a wok heat oil and add the noodles. Brown the noodles stirring frequently. Remove the noodles and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the wok, adding more oil if needed. When the chicken is mostly cooked, add the yellow bean paste. When the paste is incorporated add the stock and heat.
- Make a cornflour slurry by mixing the cornflour with the water. When the stock is hot add the cornflour slurry and stir until the stock is thickened. Add more stock if needed.
- Add the Chinese broccoli and cook until bright green and tender, turn off the heat.
- Divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Ladle the chicken and Chinese broccoli gravy mixture over the noodles.
- Crack an egg into each bowl and stir in to cook, if desired. Garnish the bowls with the white pepper.
- Serve with the pickled chillies, sugar, chilli flakes and fish sauce on the side for your guests to use as condiments.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate