1 / 1 Picture by: kutahu
- 1 tablespoon oil for cooking
- 1 kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoon coriander, diced
- 6 cups (1 1/2 litres) coconut milk
- 100g dry roasted peanuts, ground
- 30g roasted sesame seeds, ground
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch salt and sugar, to taste
- 300g small prawns, peeled and deveined, reserve shells
- 500g rice noodles, blanched in hot water before serving
- Prawn Stock
- reserved prawn shells
- 1 small onion, coarsely diced
- 1 lemongrass bulb, bruised
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- Spice Paste
- 15 eschalots, peeled
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2cm galangal, peeled
- 15 dried chillies, deseeded and soaked in water
- 4 candlenuts
- 3 lemongrass bulbs, diced
- 2cm toasted shrimp paste
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 2 fresh red chillies, sliced
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 8 limes, halved
- dried prawn sambal
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- Prawn Stock: Cook the prawn shells with diced onion, lemongrass and water slowly until boiling. Strain the liquid and reserve.
- Spice Paste: Put all the spice paste ingredients into a food processer and blend until fine.
- Laksa: Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry the spice paste until fragrant. Add the chicken pieces and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the prawn stock, diced coriander and coconut milk. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the ground peanuts, sesame seeds, lime juice and season with salt and sugar. Stir well and add in the prawns.
- Continue cooking over low heat until the prawns are done and serve hot with the noodles.
- Garnish: Garnish each bowl with some cucumber, spring onions, chilli, lime and sambal.
You can find candlenuts and shrimp paste in Asian shops.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!