1 / 1 Picture by: blackswan
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1kg pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 4 crab claws
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken stock
- 150ml light cream
- 1 sprig parsley, finely diced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation:20min › Cook:1hour › Ready in:1hour20min
- Heat saucepan on low heat. Melt butter then sauté onion until tender. Steam potato, carrot and pumpkin until soft; about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the crab claws into a steamer and top it up with ginger. Steam until claws turn orangey red.
- When vegetables are ready, puree them in a food processor or blender. Put mixture in a saucepan then add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the cream then simmer for 5 more minutes lowering the heat if necessary, so it does not boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley and add crab claws. Serve immediately.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!