8 people made this
This is a wonderful chilli crab dish that is loved in and out of Southeast Asia. The crab is stir fried in a rich sauce including chilli, garlic and ginger.
4 whole crabs, cleaned and quartered
4 red chillies
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 garlic cloves, diced
1 1/2 cm ginger, diced
3 tablespoons tomato sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch salt, to taste
1 pinch black pepper, to taste
small bunch of coriander leaves, diced
- Crack the crab claws and the big legs slightly. Grind the chillies and shallots in food processor until fine.
- Heat wok with oil until very hot and stir fry the crabs quickly until they change coulour then set aside.
- Reduce heat and add the ground paste and stir fry until fragrant. Add the garlic and ginger. Mix the tomato sauce with the vinegar and sugar then pour into the wok and stir well.
- Return the crabs back to the wok and stir fry for another 3 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs and pour into wok while continuously stirring to create strands in the sauce. If the sauce is a little dry add some water.
- Turn off heat and garnish with coriander leaves; serve hot.
Not the real deal that comes from SE Asia or specifically from Singapore. Just tailored to western tastes, rather than the authentic better tasting chilli crabs back home.
- 12 Jan 2015
Even my children loved this.......
- 16 Dec 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate