1 / 1 Picture by:
Chinese BBQ Pork
- 1kg pork shoulder cut into long strips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) honey
Preparation:15min › Cook:30min › Extra time:2hours marinating › Ready in:2hours45min
- Place the pork strips in a wide container.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat until the sugar has melted and everything is well combined. Let cool.
- Pour 2/3 of the marinade over the pork. Set aside 1/3 for sauce.
- Cover the pork with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Shake off excess marinade and cook the pork strips on the barbecue, basting with the marinade. Cook until the pork caramelises and is just beginning to char; about 15 to 20 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Drizzle the reserved sauce over the pork slices and serve with rice or noodles.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
Tell others what you thought of this recipe!