Chinese BBQ Pork
Be the first to make this!
This is a great Chinese pork recipe that you can try at your next barbecue. Pork shoulder strips are marinated in a five spice, soy and honey before being cooked on the barbecue.
1kg pork shoulder cut into long strips
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 cup (60ml) soy sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) hoisin sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) honey
Extra time:2hours marinating ›
- Place the pork strips in a wide container.
- In a small saucepan combine the remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat until the sugar has melted and everything is well combined. Let cool.
- Pour 2/3 of the marinade over the pork. Set aside 1/3 for sauce.
- Cover the pork with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Shake off excess marinade and cook the pork strips on the barbecue, basting with the marinade. Cook until the pork caramelises and is just beginning to char; about 15 to 20 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and let it rest for about 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
- Drizzle the reserved sauce over the pork slices and serve with rice or noodles.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate