Be the first to make this!
Known as 'Ayam Masak Kicap' in Malaysia this is a relatively easy spicy fried chicken dish using white and black peppercorns as well as fresh chilli.
1kg chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 teaspoons allspice
1 pinch salt, to taste
4 cloves garlic
15g black peppercorns
15g white peppercorns
2 large onions, cut into thick slices
2 carrots, cut into chunks
3/4 cup (185ml) water
2 red chillies, sliced
oil for cooking
Extra time:1hour marinating ›
- Marinate chicken with dark soy sauce, allspice and salt for 1 hour.
- Blend the shallots, garlic, ginger, black peppercorns and white peppercorns until fine.
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan then add the spices and fry until fragrant. Put the chicken in and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add onions and carrots and mix well. Pour in the water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat then add the chillies and salt and simmer covered for another 15 minutes until the chicken is tender and cooked.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate