Makes: 40 pieces of fudge
- 2 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 tin (200g) sweetened condensed milk
- 125g butter, room temp and chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 pinch salt
Preparation:20min › Cook:16min › Extra time:15min setting › Ready in:51min
- Place all ingredients in a large microwaveable bowl. Stir well, don't worry if the butter will not mix in yet.
- Line a slice tin or similar with cling film and grease the cling film. (This will make it a lot easier to take out once the fudge is cooled.)
- Place the bowl in microwave on high for 15-17 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes making sure all ingredients are binding together.
- Take out of microwave and stir slowly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Pour the mixture into the greased tin and leave for five minutes.
- Slice the fudge into small pieces and leave to harden for another 5-10 minutes.
Eat within 4 days of making, do not freeze.
Not sure what I did wrong but after 9 min in the microwave (in 3 min increments so I could stir) it overflowed in the bowl and now after 8 hours it still hasn't firmed up enough to cut . It does taste good but I can't cut it to enjoy. I'm wondering if the online converter I used for grams to oz was wrong. I hope that after 8 hours in the fridge I can cut it tomorrow morning. Any tips on what I could have done wrong? I've never used the microwave to make anything like this before. - 12 Sep 2011
I make Russian Fudge from my Edmonds Cookbook almost every week. I wanted something quick this time and thought i would give this a go! Nothing like Russian Fudge and made a HUGE mess in my microwave (Yes i used a large bowl!!!!) - 17 Jun 2012
This recipe is exactly what I was after! A hard almost crumbly texture that melts in your mouth, not the chewy creamy kind, it was perfection. I found I had to microwave it for a bit over 20 minutes, and then beat with a wooden spoon for about 6-7 minutes to get the right texture. Thanks for posting this great no hassle recipe! I will be making it again and again... - 22 Sep 2010