Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 packet French onion soup mix
- 3 teaspoons garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1/2-3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil (in tube)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 kg chicken breast diced
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Preparation:10min › Cook:8hours › Ready in:8hours10min
- In a bowl combine the cream of chicken soup, French onion soup, garlic, chicken stock, water and basil. Stir to combine.
- Place chicken and onion into slow cooker. Pour over the mixed sauce and stir to cover.
- Cook on low for approx. 8hrs. Check the liquid and add a little more chicken stock if liquid becomes too low.
- 10 minutes before serving stir through cream cheese and sour cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve with creamy mashed potato or pasta.
Remember to check the liquid levels in the slow cooker. If mixture is a little runny add about 1 tablespoon of cornflour to thicken.
Absolutely delicious! - 01 Sep 2010
Loved it, very tasty and so easy to put together. - 26 Aug 2011
Delicious - 12 Aug 2011