Fettuccine with Summer Vegetables
- 250g fettuccine pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 250g zucchini, cut into long think strips
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper or chilli powder
Preparation:15min › Cook:10min › Ready in:25min
- Cook pasta according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables. In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, zucchini and capsicums; sauté 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Pour vegetables over fettuccine and toss to coat. Serve immediately, or chill to serve as a pasta salad.
Used different ingredients. This is a yummy dish that uses some of the harvest from your summer veg garden. I added fresh basil and oregano, red and yellow peppers along with the courgette. Also, crumbled and cooked italian sausage, added at the end, really pulls it all together. - 21 Jul 2008
Altered ingredient amounts. Yum!! I make this all the time! I add a bit more cayanne pepper because we like it a little spicer and it's great. The things you can add to it are countless...try prawns! - 21 Jul 2008
Terrific flavour! This recipe can be easily altered with, I suspect, great results. Next time we'll try adding some kalamatas and maybe some different veggies! - 21 Jul 2008